FAQ - Babybaby
Date Posted:21 June 2015
Tips on how to use a Babybaby breast feeding pillow
Breast feeding does not always come naturally and it takes time to learn the correct position most comfortable for you and baby. The mistake many mothers make is to lean forward to accommodate baby which can leave you with back and neck damage.
By using a support like the Babybaby breast feeding pillow will bring baby to you so she is at the correct height and position for latching and your back is straight and comfortable.
- Position yourself in the middle of the couch or a big chair to begin.
- Ensure both feet can sit flat on the ground – you may need a cushion placed in the small of your back
- Sit with your back up straight, making sure you are well supported and comfortable
- Place Babybaby Breast Feeding pillow on your knees
- Place baby on feeding pillow in any feeding position including ‘football hold’. For football hold, you may prefer to angle the feeding pillow so that the ‘U’ is sitting on your hip and baby gets full length of the pillow
- Ensure Baby’s body is against your body and her nose is in line with your nipple. Her chin should touch the breast first. With her mouth open wide, she is ready to latch. Take care not to push her head into you, just nudge her gently and she will get it.
- If you need to remove baby from breast to reposition her, gently put your little finger in the corner of her mouth to release suction.
NB: Our feeding pillows are filled to maximum capacity so you may wish to remove some beans if you feel the pillow is too high.
FAQ - Babybaby
What are the approximate measurements of the pillows?
As all our pillows are handmade, the following measurements may vary slightly:
Width: 28cm (taken from middle of 'U' shape)
Do you offer a warranty on Babybaby pillows?
Babybaby warrants the quality of its products and will gladly replace any damaged or defective item (hopefully this doesn't happen but we are all only human!). Please see Shipping & Returns section for more information.
Where are the Babybaby pillows made?
Our feeding Pillows are all hand made in New Zealand! We employ local sewers who are mothers and grandmothers who have perfected their craft and enjoy creating our pillows for our precious customers. We have implemented a strict quality control program and back all our products with a 100% money back guarantee. Our sewers take complete pride in their work which we are very proud of. The key here is unlike other breast feeding support pillows, we are a local company, supporting local women. We have never manufactured offshore.